Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Offseason

Football Games, Mountain Biking, Backpacking and 5k Turkey Trots. These are a few of my favorite things. As much as I love triathlon, it is nice to have some time off from it to do some other things I enjoy. When you are training and racing, you have to sacrifice other weekend activity to get in the training miles and the full March-October racing schedule in the South.

I still swim and run, bike...well, not as much. Most of the biking is on a mountain bike, due to a bent up Cervelo and the lack of sunlight this time of year. My running volume has gone down, but intensity has gone up. My swimming will have a structured workout a couple of times a week, but otherwise, I will go and do what I want.

Most importantly, we have to get ready for the new addition to our household. Christa has a lot of creative ideas which will keep us busy.

Yesterday, I almost ended this off season by signing up for a marathon, but today I have come to my senses and passed on that idea.

For now, I kind of enjoy being a little lazy, we will see how long that lasts.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Lazy? Yeah right. What's the deal with the C? New frame on the way? See ya at the pool. Nick